There are scientific studies aplenty that show how mindfulness and meditation can reduce stress, improve your sleep, help set a positive outlook on life and even control pain.
So if you haven’t already jumped on the ‘mindfulness’ bandwagon, why not consider combining the benefits of being in the ‘present moment’ while contemplating the beauty of our outdoors.
And let’s be honest the Northern Beaches offers beauty and tranquil spots in spades.
So plan to head to one of our beautiful beaches, headlands, bushlands, waterways or parks – get in a nice walk and then stop to enjoy the beauty of the ‘present moment’.
Here are our top pick of tranquil spots …where are yours?
- Narrabeen Lake has an abundance of tranquil pit stops along its 8km loop. Gazing out at the calm waters will surely still the mind.
- Dee Why Beach has sand dunes aplenty as it stretches its way to Long Reef. Hunker down next to the dunes and switch into relaxation mode.
- Yes, our beautiful Manly Beach can attract the crowds, but there’s room for everyone. Position yourself on one of the beachside seats or perch yourself on the seawall – then chill while gazing out to the unending ‘blue’.
- Manly Dam has a beautiful network of bush tracks. Explore some of these and leave your cares behind.
- Take a walk up to Barrenjoey Lighthouse and enjoy the stunning views along the way. Grab a spot at the top and take in the panoramic views of Broken Bay, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park and the Central Coast.
- North Head is a top spot for spectacular views of the harbour. Enjoy your ‘Om’ spot while contemplating the hustle and bustle of the Sydney skyline from afar.
Share your tranquil with us on Instagram @hellomanlyofficial