- Sunday, 17 March 2019 11:04
If you are looking to travel in Sydney or the surrounding areas, you will need to get yourself an Opal Card.
Check out our quick tips and tricks that will help you get around Sydney, Australia with no fuss.
- The opal card has a daily cap of $16.10. The caps or daily allowances exclude the airport and the private ferry services. CLICK HERE to see the most updated daily allowances.
- Register your Opal card. This is the quickest way you can top up your card straight from your smart phone and to avoid the lines at your local retailer. CLICK HERE for your local retailer.
- Sundays are the cheapest day to travel within Sydney, $2.80. Hop on the Sydney Ferries and explore more of what Sydney has to offer via the water ways.
- Don’t forget to Tap on and off all ferries, buses and trains. If you forget you will be charged the entire fare.
- Register for a Senior opal card before you arrive in Sydney. The Senior Opal card is only valid for Australian Citizens. CLICK HERE more information on Senior Opal Cards.
- Sydney Trains and Ferries use contactless card payments. Unfortunately, you will still need an opal card on the buses.
If you have any more information about the opal card please call 131500 or check out their website, www.opal.com.au.
CLICK HERE to plan your trip.