Skip to main content

The Manly Harbour Pool was located in Manly Cove and was constructed in 1931 by the Port Jackson Steamship Company whose slogan was ‘Keep Cool in Manly’s Pool’. A famous 335m x 3.5m boardwalk surrounded it, enclosing 13 acres of water. It contained pontoons, the highest slippery dip in Australia, a spinning float, water wheels and an Olympic standard diving tower. Unfortunately, a severe storm in 1974 destroyed the boardwalk and consequently the pool closed.

Manly Cove in the summer of 1931-32.
Manly Cove in the summer of 1931-32.
The Manly Boardwalk 1959
The Manly Boardwalk 1959
Manly Harbour Pool 1960
Manly Harbour Pool 1960
After the 1974 Storm in Manly Cove
After the 1974 Storm in Manly Cove
Manly Cove 2020
Manly Cove 2020