Need help booking? Call Hello Manly on (02) 9976 1430
* All prices in Australian Dollars
Fare Type Travel From Travel Until Price Availability
01 Apr 2017
31 Mar 2018
01 Apr 2017
31 Mar 2018
Your experienced and passionate local expert Sydney Snorkel tour guide will give you a great idea of what native marine life to keep your eye out for as well as educated you about native wildlife, Australian environment, heritage and culture of Sydney on your headland nature walk.
Then cool off by snorkelling in the calm, clear waters off Shelly Beach, Manly on Sydney’s Northern beaches. See Australia’s diverse marine wildlife in their natural habitat within the sea grass meadows, sandy bottom and rocky reefs of protected Cabbage Tree Bay at Aquatic Reserve. Easy introduction lessons available for beginners and foam floating noodles are provided for extra safety. Manly Snorkeling Tour suitable for beginner and experienced snorkelers.
- Learn about the diverse wildlife of the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve
- Small group tour maximum 10 persons
- Search for the endangered species like famous Blue Groper’s in their natural habitat
- Snorkel while you try to identify the 200 + other fish species, invertebrates and algae’s of the area
- Discov;er the Australian coastal culture of Manly from your local guide through stories
- Visit famous Manly Beach and Shelly Beach
Minimum 2pax maximum 10pax for group tours to run. Bookings of 10+ people available on request and we can accomodate large group request. Must be able to swim to join the tour.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM 50 METERS FREESTYLE UN-ASSISTED, FLOAT AND TREAD WATER TO JOIN THE TOUR. SWIM TEST CONDUCTED AT THE START OF TOUR.
- Interpretive guided tour with an experienced local Sydney Snorkel tour guide
- 1 hour guided Manly Snorkeling Tour of Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve
- All equipment and wetsuits included on the Manly Snorkeling Tour
- Safety brief and snorkel tips provided on the Manly Snorkeling Tour (10mins)
- Headland nature walk with great views of the Northern Beaches (25mins)
Public Manly Snorkeling Tour Group Tours run everyday at 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm with minimum 2 and maximum 10 people (larger group available by request). Private Manly Snorkeling Tour option is always available if booking numbers are low for group tours or you would prefer a private tour experience.
What to bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Refillable drink bottle
- Swimming gear
How to get there:
After you book you will receive detailed email with meeting instructions, maps and google links. Google Shelly Beach Manly.
The Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve is located at Shelly Beach, Sydney which is only minutes from world famous Manly Beach. Shelly Beach aspect faces West which protects the location from a lot of swell on the East Coast of Australia. The sheltered habitats of rocky reefs, sea grass meadows and sandy bottom are home to a range of resident and transient marine species.
The Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve is a “NO TAKE” marine zone which was established in 2002. No fishing of any kind, or taking any species including shells is permitted. Fines apply for any breaches of these laws. The protection of the area has been a very successful conservation management strategy. We can now all enjoy seeing the range of species in the Cabbage Tree Aquatic Reserve located only 30mins from Sydney city.
Manly also has a vibrant coastal village atmosphere and nature walk trails. Sydney Harbour National Park website lists all the local walks in the area. For any tips or travel advice while visiting Manly please email our office firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0415 121 648. With our local expertise we can help you plan and book other tours in Sydney for you.
Departs: Shelly Beach Manly. Open date ticket please give 48hours notice to book. All bookings MUST be reconfirmed 48hrs in advance. Ph: 0415 121 648 or from outside AU: +61 415 121 648. Minimum age: 8yrs. Children aged 8-12yrs must be with a paying adult. Child Price is 8-14yrs. Only valid for day of operation or for group requests.