- Friday, 21 July 2017 16:50
Looking for things to do in Sydney, Australia without breaking the bank?
Check out our top 5 free things to while visiting Manly Beach, Sydney Australia.
1. Manly Beach
- Manly Beach is the Birth place of Australian Surfing and a great place to hop on a board to enjoy the famous Manly waves.
- Take a dip in the Queensliff ocean pool or get amongst the waves!
- Show off your Beach Volleyball skills on Manly’s free beach courts.
- Walk along North Steyne beachfront to find the hidden cave through the Queenscliff headland, just above the Queenscliff Ocean Pool leading you onto Freshwater Beach – amazing sunrise spot!
- Grab your snorkel and explore the underwater world of Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve- home to Manly’s beautiful marine life.
- Fairy Bower pool is built into the rocks along the Shelly Beach walkway – perfect spot for a relaxing swim!
- An awesome way to get a free Australian experience is to grab some sausages and use one of Shelly beaches free electric BBQ’s.
- North Head Sanctuary loop is a 9km walk starting from Shelly Beach with breathtaking views of Sydney harbour and amazing Australian wildlife – try to spot the whales migrating!
- Manly to Spit walkway is a lovely 10km walk along some of Sydney’s best harbour side beaches.
- Wander through the laneways off the Corso to discover Manly’s popular open aired weekend Markets. Full of locally made products ranging from Artworks to Jewellery – open every Saturday and Sunday along Sydney Road.
Manly is the entertainment capital of the Northern Beaches with plenty of venues to choose from.
CLICK HERE for our local Manly Beach Gig Guide
For more information about these free spots on Manly Beach CLICK HERE
Travelling to Sydney and looking for things to do? Manly is ranked as Sydney’s best beach by tripadvisor and offers experiences and tours for kids, couples and solo holiday makers. Located 20 minutes across Sydney harbour by ferry, visitors can hit the both surfing ocean beaches, and quiet harbourside beach coves. Over 150 bars add restaurants, is complemented with plenty to see with tours, activities, outdoor markets and shopping malls.